The aim of this workshop is to introduce you to the new EDM era of rotary instrumentation and the proper use in successful root canal therapy for the highly curved and the double curved canal systems. At the end of this workshop the participant will:
- Understand the biological objectives of root canal treatment manipulation in relation to each anatomical challenge.
- Understand and appreciate the controlled memory thermomechanical processing and Electrical Discharge Machining for the manufacturing of rotary files and why this manufacturing is superior to milled Nickle Titanium.
- Establish a roadmap for customized instrumentation protocols with the HyFlex CM & EDM rotary files even for the most challenging cases.
- Practice the suggested shaping protocol in highly curved and doubled curved 3D printed molars with 3 or less rotary instruments.
- Achieve a three dimensional obturation of the prepared root canal system by using greater taper gutta-percha points in combination with a flowable gutta-percha.
Dr. Marcus Johnson
Dr. Marcus Johnson, DDS, MSD received his dental degree from New York University Dental School in 2008 and went on to earn a certificate in Endodontics and a Master of Science in Dentistry degree at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio, in 2011. Dr. Johnson is a diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics and serves as head endodontic attending for the General Practice Residency Program at Interfaith Medical Center Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. He also maintains a private dental practice limited to Endodontics.