Following completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
* Recognize the key determinants of biological considerations that are essential in restorative dentistry
* Recognize signs of occlusal instability (risk factors) for best protection of your restorations
* Select the appropriate resin composite system based on the functional needs of the case
* Recognize the need for a base or liner prior to final restoration
* Select the bonding material and protocol for the restoration depending on the clinical demands
* Recognize the benefits of the centripetal, successive cusp build-up, and stress reducing direct composite restoration (SRDC) techniques for ideal esthetics and function to maximize the longevity of the restoration
* Differentiate when to use one shade, two shades or multiple shades for anterior restorations
* Introduce the "4 stumps" layering technique developed by Dr. Romero for immediate great results
* Create natural line angles on all your anterior composite restorations
* Re-create natural texture on your restorations
* Work on your own layering composite veneer restoration and learn how to use and incorporate the pre-fabricated componeer system
Dr. Mario Romero
Mario Romero, DDS, is the Director of Romero Dental Seminars and the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program Director at the Dental College of Georgia, Augusta University. He received his DDS degree from the University of Guayaquil (Ecuador) School of Dentistry in 1995. He then completed a two year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program at the University of Rochester, Eastman Institute for Oral Health where he was granted the Handleman Award for Excellence
In 2001 he was named one of the “Most Prominent Dentist” by the Ecuadorian Dental Federation. In 2016 he received the Outstanding Faculty Award from Augusta University and the American College of Dentist Georgia Chapter. In 2018 he received the Research and Scholarship Award from the Dental College of Georgia for his contributions to dentistry and in 2019 he received the Excellence in Dental Education Award from Pierre Fauchard Academy.
He has published several research papers as well as many clinical articles in operative dentistry, occlusion, implant and esthetic dentistry. He has over 100 lecture presentations and hands-on courses at many major dental meetings, nationally and internationally and has been practicing restorative dentistry for over 23 years treating complex cosmetic and implant cases.