This course aims to update the general practitioner on a variety of topics that affect the biological response, esthetics and longevity of composite restorations. You will increase your knowledge from tooth bleaching, composite materials and instrument selection, shade mapping, and techniques for highly esthetic anterior composite restorations in detail, to allow you as the practitioner to transform your patient’s smile in A SINGLE VISIT.
Following completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Select bullet proof camera setting for great photos every time
- Understand the role occlusal determinants have in treatment outcome
- Select the correct bleaching protocol based on patients’ needs and scientific evidence
- Differentiate when to use one shade, two shades or multiple shades for anterior restorations
- Introduce the “4 stumps” layering technique developed by Dr. Romero for immediate great results
- Create natural line angles on all your anterior composite restorations
- Re-create natural texture on your restorations
Dr. Mario Romero
Mario Romero, DDS, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation at The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University; he received his DDS from the University of Guayaquil (Ecuador) School of
Dentistry in 1995. He completed a two year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program at the University of Rochester, Eastman Institute for Oral Health where he was granted the Handleman Award for Excellence. n 2016 Dr. Romero was awarded the Augusta University and the American College of Dentists Outstanding Faculty award for his achievements in scholarity, research and service. He has over 30 publications in national and international peer reviewed journals and has lectured extensively on topics
related to direct and indirect restorative dentistry. He maintained a private practice with emphasis in Restorative and Esthetic Dentistry for 15 years prior to joining AU in 2013.